This is video 5 of 6 in the series ‘The Website Starter Guide’ where I talk about each chapter of the website starter guide ebook. This video covers chapter 5 of the eBook which is all about search engine marketing (SEM or Google Adwords) and search engine optimisation (SEO). Please share this if you find it useful and feel free to leave a comment.
|Hi guys this week we welcome Robert Mirabito founder of Sydney FX for an introduction on pay per click advertising with Google Adwords.|
Pay-Per-Click Advertising: The Basics
Of the various forms of internet marketing that are currently in use, pay-per-click advertising is one of the most popular. Here’s a rundown on some of the basics of the pay-per-click system.
What is PPC?
Pay-per-click advertising, or PPC, is a form of internet marketing in which the advertiser pays the host of the ad only when it is clicked. Cost per click, or CPC, is the rate charged by a host for every click an ad receives. CPC rates can be determined in a number of ways, from flat fees agreed ahead of time, to bidding systems through which
the advertising rights for search keywords are auctioned.
By far the largest hosts of PPC ads are Google and the other major search engines. Google’s sponsored search results (the ones that appear highlighted at the top of the list and on the right-hand side of the screen under the heading “Ads”) are perhaps the best known examples of PPC advertising. In this case, advertisers provide Google with a list of keywords, and when users search for these keywords under the right conditions, the advertisers’ PPC ads will appear.
- The 5 day Microsoft detox February 16, 2012
- Forget focus December 8, 2011
- SEO case study month 1 – Link building and other tactics November 15, 2011
- 10 things I do to ensure I always have something to write about March 27, 2012
- A peek inside a simple website design April 11, 2012
- Juliet: This is a great post, thanks for sharing it with u...
- Mihai Alexandru: Thanks for the REPLY.You explained it very nice.Yo...
- Rod "Carl" Martin Jr: Hi Alex. Certainly hiring an SEO company to take c...
- Hythe: Some interesting techniques that could be implemen...
- Alex: Maybe the best option is to hire a SEO company to ...
We are always happy to hear from people who are keen to contribute to our web design blog. For information on becoming a contributor and for a list of all past contributors please visit our contributors page.